Anyone that feels they have something relevant to share with the hemp farming and agriculture community is welcome to submit their story to our editors.
Please pay careful attention to the guidelines provided below before submitting.
Blogs and news articles meant to be featured online should consist of around 300-450 words. Make sure to properly hyperlink all sources in the article. Also, when citing scientific sources, it would be super helpful to include the publication info, including authors, article name, journal name, volume, and page range. Also please attach separately any high-resolution images that you would like to submit for our review.
Feature Article (4 pages)
Two to Three Pages
One Page Article
Half Page Article
Font & Text Size
Preferred Fonts: Georgia, Arial, or Times New Roman
Subtitle: Approximately 20 words.
Full page: 11x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
1/2 page: 5.5x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
1/4 page: 2.75x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
NOTE: DO NOT include images within the document; these should be sent separately as .jpg or .png files. If they are to be inserted in a specific place in the article please label in caps [Graphic 1] and then name the corresponding image to match. This will help us to match images with their corresponding text correctly.
- Please add a title to your article (we can always help with this), and list authors and affiliations.
- Use the same font throughout the article.
- Please refrain from using quotes that are longer than 4 lines of copy, and also exceptionally long paragraphs.
- Refer to the ACS style guide for questions regarding citing references. We use bracketed numbers in our print magazine (e.g. , , ), at the end of the sentence, after the period, unless there are several citations within the same sentence. These references should be provided in a References section at the end of the article.
- In an effort to increase proper vetting of scientific information, it would be really helpful if you could include the impact factor of the journal, and the number of times the article has been cited.
- Please do not hyperlink anything for the print magazine. Just add the source to the references section as described above.
With all articles please also include a 50-word bio about yourself.
Each story will be edited through a series of proofreaders and peer-edited for scientific accuracy.